Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

why i organized the scrapbook room and vbs {a scrapbook layout}

My scrapbook room has been a mess. A big giant, unable to move around or do anything in it, mess. I finally decided to something about it a couple of weeks ago. I took all of my patterned paper and cardstock out and reorganized it into closed containers. Ah. So much nicer. Only problem was every time I tried to get paper out it was a NIGHTMARE.
So last week, I decided to re-reorganize all of paper vertically. But while I was doing it, I realized I had an enormous amount of cardstock. Like enough cardstock to open my own store. So I ruthlessly boxed a giant stash of it and listed it for sale over on Two Peas. It felt really good to only have the colors I'll actually use on hand. I should probably do the dame thing with my patterned paper!
I also came up with a brilliant idea for storing all of my Thickers. (My 100+ collection of Thickers.) I'll share that tomorrow, along with photos of the newly organized scrap room.
All that being said-I can actually work in there now.
I think I've used this sketch about 30 times in the past couple of months but I just love the clean and simple look.


You can't really tell but the title is pop-dotted up for dimension and I've added the name our church with smaller alphabet stickers.

I love this little cluster of brads with the journal card from Elle's Studio.

I'll be back tomorrow with photos of my space and my new Thickers storage!

3 comments:

  1. Love this layout! And I can't wait to see your scrapbook room make over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing everyone's scraprooms, so will be looking forward to that post! :)
    I love that simple design as well.
    It gets a lot of photos on the page, but doesn't look cluttered!
    I say if it works, use it over and over again! :)

    ReplyDelete