Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Tools I Love: Martha Stewart Scoring Board

I've been making more and more cards in the past year and finally broke down earlier this year and bought a scoring board. A scoring board is a tool that allows you to score lines into your paper to fold it into a variety of shapes. I use mine primarily for cards and envelopes. You just place your paper on the board and use a bone folder to make a crease at the correct measurement.

When shopping for a scoring board I looked at the Scor-Pal and the Martha Stewart Scoring Board. Both do the same thing but the Martha Stewart tool had a few advantages:
-a handy little compartment with a  flip up lid to store your bone folder
-a triangle envelope making tool that is stored on the underside of the board
-the grooves on the MS board are every 1/8 of an inch-they are much more spread out on the Scor-Pal
-the MS board is much more affordable! The Scor-pal is available at Archiver's for $39.99 (you can use the 30% off coupon to bring it down to $27.99). The MS Scoring Board is $19.99 ( it was 40% off at Michael's and I had a 25% off all MS products coupon, so I got it for $8.99!)
-a nice bonus is inside the compartment to store your folder are measurements for a number of projects, they are kind of hard to see though. But another scrapper has been kind enough to create a PDF of them here, thanks Candice!

 I am very happy with my MS scoring board-it's a must have for card-makers!

1 comment:

  1. I just brought this at ACMoore today with a 50% off coupon. I feel in love with it when I saw Martha Stewart's intro to her Cricut Cake. She was on for an hour and also takea out some of her punches, but when I saw this Score Board I just had to have it.

    Oh, thanks for telling me about the storage area for the triangle.

    ReplyDelete