Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

spring break @ voa {a scrapbook layout}

Thanks so much for all of the nice comments on my last layout. I have met some of the nicest people through this hobby!
Today I have a double page layout to share. I used my very favorite scissors, Cutterbee scissors, to fussy cut the sun and kite for this one. I use the yellow and black handled Cutterbee scissors, the ones that have the teflon coating. They are super sharp and nothing, I mean nothing sticks to them. Love them for intricate cuts.


I'm still using the Simple Stories kit-I got a lot of mileage out of this kit. I used Simple Stories Sn@p alphabet stickers for the title and some WRMK twine for the kite.
I cut the sun from one the 4x6 cards that came with the kit:
I added some pop dots to give it some dimension and have it "pop" off the page.

The kite was a bit more challenging. It was on one of the patterned papers. I cut the tail off and looped some twine around the pop dot I used to adhere it to the layout. Then I used other colors of twine for the bows in the tail.

Forgot to add that I used Swiss Dot Bazzill cardstock as the base. Fun stuff.
I'm super excited because I just got the shipping notice from Scrapbook Generation that my first Super Saver Sketch Club Kit is on it's way. I can't wait to play with it this weekend!! I'll post photos here on the blog once I get it.

6 comments:

  1. oh this is so cute- love the kite and clouds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another super cute layout! I love the chevron and all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love How You Cut Out The Sun And Kite! Love That Twine Too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute two pager! That SS line is one of my very favorite lines ever! :) And I have the same scissors. I have used them for years and still love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love the handcut embellishments!
    Simple Stories is one of my fave manufacturers right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! I love how you fussy cut everything!

    ReplyDelete