Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

hello my name is the moose {a scrapbook layout}

Hi there! I'm back from vacation -we headed down to Santa Rosa Beach again this year, love that place-and I'm feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the world again. I have a ton of scrapbooking to catch up on (1 1/2  Scrapbook Generation kits and another that will ship next week-yikes!) but I'm not stressing. Maybe because I can still sort of hear the ocean waves crashing in my head. LOL.
So, I have to share a funny story about our trip. As we were packing to leave I checked and re-checked all the drawers in the kids rooms to be sure they didn't leave ANYTHING behind in Florida. Unfortunately, I wasn't nearly as diligent in my own room. As we were driving back, I begin to get a sinking sensation that I might have left behind my favorite black dress. "Did you happen to throw my black dress in your bag?" I asked the husband. Nope. The closer we got to Ohio, the more items I begin to think of that I didn't remember packing. In the end, I left behind a whole DRAWER full of clothes in the beach house we rented in Florida! The woman who owns the house was kind enough to FedEx them to me (lucky clothes got to spend an extra week on the beach!). BTW, the house we stayed in was AMAZING, private pool, 3 bedrooms, a Wii for the kiddos, and super nice owners-if you want the details, please send me a note and I will get you the owner's info.
Anyway, back to scrapping, the Moose actually enjoyed the beach this year and cracked us up with his ability to make friends everywhere we went. He's not a shy one. :)
His outgoing personality inspired this layout.

 He always introduces himself as "Brody Moose". Ha ha. Love that kid.
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see a post from you, but am totally jealous that you were at the beach!!!! Glad that you had a wonderful time. I left a watch and tennis bracelet on one of our trips to FL. At the end of an unmade bed. I realized on the plane and as soon as we landed left a message. The maintenance guy went in and found it and mailed them back. We still talk about it to this day...it wasn't a fortune, but probably about $800 retail - it is heart warming to know that there are still good people in the world! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute page!
    Sounds like a great trip!
    And so glad you were able to get your clothes back.
    That would have had me in a panic!
    What area of Florida was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that you got your clothes back! I would have been so upset, I would have wanted AJ to turn around and go back. I mean, I know we probably wouldn't actually be able to, but I'd be so so upset and freaking out until I knew where my clothes were!

    The layout is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete