Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Howdy

Not sure why, but I seem to use this word in relation to any horse-related paper craft.

Exhibit A:
The invitation to my son's 4th birthday party (held at a local attraction called "Parky's Farm"). The horse was die cut using my Cuttlebug machine and colored in with markers.

Exhibit B:
My mom has given me a ton of old photos lately of my brother and I growing up. I think she might be hinting that she'd like a scrapbook of these photos. So far I haven't taken the bait. (Sorry mom!)
This photo I just had to scrap. For so many reasons. Because I remember that day like it was yesterday. Because I was wearing purple sweatpants. Because every kid who grew up in the 70's and 80's has a picture like this. (Although maybe not with your brother-my parents were frugal.) But mainly because I want my sons to know the story.

Simple. Clean. Totally focused on the story.

Howdy, indeed.

What about you? Do you have a word that seems to be appearing on a lot of layouts? Tell me I'm not the only one. :)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe not a specific word, but I am using way more pink than I thought I would. Foolishly, my husband and I said, 7 years ago, that our girl was not going to wear a lot of pink! Said girl's fave color, pink. Light pink. And I have a layout about that converstation, too.

    ReplyDelete