Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Ten on Tuesday {ramblings}

1. My oldest sons returned from a week at a church youth camp in Michigan on Saturday. Our whole family dynamic shifts when someone is gone. So glad to have the boys home. But could have done with our the three loads of stinky laundry they brought with them.
Tired and not happy with a photo but HOME!

2. I haven't created a scrapbook layout in 3 months. Yes, you read that right. 3 months. This makes me sad.

3. I have, however, decorated my planner. For years, I have used a paper planner to keep my life organized. I started using Franklin Covey planners just out of college. I switched to an Erin Condren Life Planner about 4 years ago. This past year I tried a Plum Paper planner (significantly less expensive and I was able to customize with my family's information). In the past few months, I've discovered planner groups on Facebook and the joys of decorating my planner. I'm not sure what this says about me.
Weekly Layout-each person has a "box"

Monthly Layout

4. It has been so unseasonably cool in Ohio that we have been in our pool exactly one time since coming back from Florida. I need some 90 degree weather.

5. I found out last week that I will be teaching first graders this fall in our church's Master Club program on Wednesday nights. I'm starting to work on my lesson plans and struggling to find resources. If anyone knows of some great websites-send them my way.

6. We have a garden in our back yard again this year. And the weird Ohio weather means our tomatoes are still green but we have TONS of hot peppers. No one in our family eats hot peppers. :/
From the Lakes Family Garden


7. After visiting Universal Studios & seeing the whole Harry Potter area, I finally broke down and watched the first two movies. I know. I must be the last person alive who hadn't seen them. And....I was underwhelmed. The scenery was pretty cool but I don't see what all the fuss was about. Sorry! {And I definitely don't see why people were willing to stand in line for EIGHT hours for the new Diagon Alley park while we were there-it opened the day before we went!}

8. I am currently obsessed with Orla Kiely make-up bags at Target. Because you can pretty much use them to organize ANYTHING. I have two of them in my bag-one for make-upy type stuff and another large one for other random stuff that I used constantly have to dig through my purse to find. Trying to resist the urge to buy a third for my work bag.

9. Did you know that Michael's stopped selling LePen pens? Ugh. After Archivers went out of business, Michael's was my only source for my favorite writing instrument. They have the Recollections brand that look like LePens, but they just aren't the same. Do you use LePen? Where do you get yours?

10. I still love my new job so very much. I have never felt so at peace with a decision. It completely changed my life in a good way. Happy Tuesday friends!

3 comments:

  1. I have not read the Harry Potter books or seen the movies. I am waiting for my oldest to start reading them & then we will read the together
    Your planner looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Harry Potter books or seen the movies either. They've never interested me at all. Your planner looks fun all decorated. I should try that with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, obviously #3 means that you are SUPER cool (because I decorate MY planner too). If no one in your family eats hot peppers, why did you plant them? I read the Harry Potter books, but wasn't impressed with the movies. Funny you say that about the Orla Kiely make up bags. I look at them every time I'm at Target and have to talk myself out of buying one. I am so happy, that YOU are happy with your new job. We spend so much time there, and life is just too short to NOT be happy where we work, right? :)

    ReplyDelete