Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

a visit with great granny lakes {a scrapbook layout}

I don't get to use pink very often. I don't really have that much of it in my stash. But I do have a few pieces of patterned paper and alphabets here and there.
It's a hard color for me to use. I don't have a lot of photos or situations that really work with it, but I challenged myself last week to try.
(Side note-I've been challenging myself to do a lot of things lately-I've been in a serious rut-time to shake things up!)

This is what I came up with:
 
Yeah, not a ton of pink but I gave it a shot. :)
This layout is about a visit with my husband's grandmother-who turned 81 years young this May. She's a pretty amazing lady. Raised 8 children on a farm in Eastern KY (where she still lives). She's sweet but tough and cans the best green beans you will ever eat in your entire life.
We love when she's here in Ohio for a visit-she tells stories about my husband's antics as a boy and about my father in law as a child. The kids love hearing about the two toughest guys they know falling off horses and being scared of sheep. :)
We love Granny Lakes, I just wish we could see her a little more often.
Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cool page!
    I love the letters in your title.
    Do they come stitched like that or did you draw it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They came like that-they are actually felt letters from Making Memories Animal Crackers line. I got them in a sticker pack from Tuesday Morning for $2. :) Super excited to finally use them. I wish I could find them in blue-I all sorts of the boy's Animal Crackers stuff but no letter stickers.

      Delete
  2. I think you did a great job with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink looks great on this layout! I really like the stitched letters! They are so cool!

    ReplyDelete