Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

joe nuxhall miracle field {a scrapbook layout}

There's a baseball legend that grew up right here in our little hometown of Fairfield. He was a Hall of Fame pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds, one of the youngest men to ever play the sport. He later went on to become a beloved baseball announcer but he never forgot his roots. Joe Nuxhall gave so much back to Fairfield, not only money but time and energy. His sons still live in our area and still help out with our schools. Not long after he died, an organization was formed to help our city build the Joe Nuxhall Miracle Field .
This isn't your ordinary baseball field. It's a place where children with special needs and physical limitations can play baseball with little to no assistance. In a word, it's AMAZING. 
As a mom of four healthy, active boys, it was humbling to stand on that field. As I watched them running and playing, I was so very thankful for the many blessings we've been given. I am so proud of my "adopted" hometown-and this very cool place. 

Happy Thursday friends!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful place, and I love your layout...you usually use quite a few pictures and that is my favorite way to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome about the field! Joe Nuxhall and his family sound like great people!

    This is a great layout too! I love the chevron you used, and the circle strip too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fantastic layout!! nice to see you posting. I haven't seen you around the blog world in awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome baseball field and I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete