Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

christmas with the sawyers {a scrapbook layout}

I love Christmas. I love the lights, the tree, the decorations. I love spending time with my family. I love the true reason we celebrate-the birth of my Savior, Jesus. It's just such a special time of year. As I get older, I appreciate the meaning behind the traditions more and more. It's not about gifts any more-it's all about celebrating the birth of our Savior and spending time with our loved ones.
We've been really blessed the past two years. My mother, who is my best friend, has had a couple of really difficult and scary health scares. Both of which landed her in the hospital and were life threatening. So to say we have much to be grateful for this year is a HUGE understatement.
Layouts like this one-celebrating the holidays with my family, are really important to me. I want to document for my children and grandchildren this special time. I look back on the many Christmases I celebrated with my grandparents and I can barely remember them-how I wish I had scrapbooks from my childhood.
 Using some "vintage" Cosmo Cricket on this one with those Thickers I got from Big Lots and some twine.

Side A:

Side B-ornaments made with circle tags and twine. :)


Happy Thursday friends!

5 comments:

  1. Such a great layout!
    I wish I had scrapbook layouts from the days with my grandparents, too.
    So I am glad my kids will have pages to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the smaller sized photos....and the little ornaments that you made with the circle punch and twine are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the things I love about our hobby, being able to capture these memories for us and our children :) Love the letters and vintage feel to your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had scrapbooks from when I was a kid too. Every time I make a layout or PL page or mini book or whatever, I think about how my future kids will be able to look at them and see what was going on with their family. Especially now, I'd love to know what my mom's life was like as she planned her wedding and first moved out on her own, so maybe if I have a daughter, she'd like to know that one day!

    This is such a great page! It really captures the joy of spending time together around the holidays! I'm glad your mom is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete