Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Inspiration Binder

There is so much scrapbooking inspiration out there these days-websites like Two Peas, blogs (like those in my sidebar-talented ladies!!), and magazines. It's hard to keep track of all of that goodness. Well, for me it was.
Until I put together my inspiration binder.
I got a basic 3 ring binder (mine is from russell & hazel) and prettied it up with some Stampin' Up! patterned paper and American Crafts letter stickers.

Then, I added some dividers (again, russell & hazel) and started going to town with the hole punch. I added layouts I had torn from magazines, and print outs of things from blogs for the layout section.
For my color section, I added ads from magazines that inspired me and color combos taken from this very cool tool on Bazzill's website-easy way to figure out which cardstock matches your patterned paper. I printed out the combos for the paper lines I have in my stash-makes my trips to Michaels for the Bazzill sale go much faster!
Finally, in the front I added my list of on-going scrapbook layouts to do. This is an excel list that I downloaded from Becky Higgins' blog, (although it doesn't appear to be available any more-so if you want it-feel free to email me at christinalakes at gmail dot com and put "layout list" in the subject line.) I feel funny about posting it as a share on my blog since I didn't create it! It's such a great way to keep track of layouts I need to do and layouts I've half finished.

I hope this "inspires" you to make a binder of your own. If you do, I'd love to see it!

1 comment: