Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

santa rosa beach 2011 {scrapbook layout-vacation albums}

I miss the beach. I love the beach, it's my favorite place to be. Ever. If it weren't for pesky things like jobs and family, I'd spend all day, every day on a beach somewhere.
Which is funny. Because I live in landlocked Ohio. :/  I'm where I should be, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I was supposed to be somewhere else.
Instead, I satisfy my beach craving once a year with a trip down South. This year it was to Santa Rosa Beach {just east of Destin}. So beautiful, definitely a place we will be returning to again and again. The perfect vacation spot for our family-plenty to do {or not do} depending on our mood.
This is the first of many layouts from this year's vacation album.


I'm using Echo Park's Splash line almost exclusively for this album. Excellent for this trip. Love all of the cool letters and extras that come with this kit.

I've been on a total circle kick lately. Just love my circle punches!! Love the look of different patterned papers stacked in different size circles!

Instead of a brad, I raided my stash for some fun little clear glitter beach stickers to act as my "brads" for the center of my circles. {These are tiny little suns.}
I added my favorite picture of the boys, some beach scenes and viola! Layout done!
For my next beach layout, a put together a little beach scene with some of the cardstock stickers, since this layout is all about the boys and their sand-castle building. Okay, their sand digging, my kids seem to love digging ginormous holes. 


More circles and I even used the negatives from punching out my circles as a page element. :)

I won't even tell you how long it took me to arrange and re-arrange photos before I got them all on the layout. But it was awhile. Totally worth it.
Now I'm going to go listen to some Zac Brown Band and pretend I'm on the sugar white sands instead of wrapping things up on my 2012 marketing budgets and taking kids to dentist appointments.
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. What a great line for your vacation album! I love how you used the negative part of your circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great 2 pager!! i have the same paper out to work on tonight for a beach layout from this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love to be near the water, it is just so calming to me.
    Your layouts are great!!!
    I love that they focus on the picturs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout. That line is one of my favorites - I bought it for my beach vacation too!

    ReplyDelete