Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

it's your birthday shout hooray {a scrapbook layout}

I recently went to the amazing 43% off patterned paper sale at Archiver's. Let me just tell you that is a smoking hot deal. I got a ton of Basic Grey {mostly Oxford}, Simple Stories, Jillibean, and, of course, my current obsession-Bella Blvd. If they run another one of these, I highly recommend it, definitely worth the trip.
Anywho, I got a chance to do some crafting Friday night and worked on two layouts and my December Daily. {I'm very excited about my DD-I will share that in a couple of weeks!}

I'm sharing my first layout today-Jackson's 7th Birthday. Poor Jackson, we usually are on vacation for his birthday {he's a July baby}and this year we were gone the week before, so we decided to let him open his present early. Especially since his present was a Playstation Portable-something he would definitely enjoy on the 14 hour car ride to Florida!

I used the new Simple Stories Birthday line for this layout. This is all from one sheet of patterned paper and some journal cards! When you figure in the cardstock this layout cost me about $3.00 to make. Nice!


Love these Journal Cards-great for a quick and easy title!



Not sure if you can tell in the picture but that green dot strip is actually a ribbon.
I had some Simple Stories ribbon in my stash that matched the papers and I thought it added a little something extra.



Love this line of products, makes things super easy.
I will be sharing my other layout (a SNOW layout!!) early next week, I also have plans to share my thoughts on a new magazine I picked up last week "Creating Keepsakes: Budget Friendly Scrapbooking"-so check back for that!
Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. oh i love the layout! i love simple stories!

    i have another sketch up on burlap and buttercups blog--i would love to see you play again! hope to see you there!
    mp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these papers! Cracking up that one of his gifts was wrapped in princess paper. That's something my husband would do to one of our nephews :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours work really well. A great idea too to allow him his present before you left.
    The number patterned paper is very effective. I like the banner/flag ends to the paper.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout, and the papers! Its great how you cut the patterned strips like long ribbons across the page, it adds so much to the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts and your son looks so happy on his birthday. My son's birthday is 27th December and it is always overshadowed by Christmas, so I sympathise with him usually being away on his birthday. Love those papers.

    ReplyDelete