Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

The One with the Mother's Day Gifts

Thanks so much for the kind thoughts and prayers for my momma. She's the toughest person I know. :)

She also loves handmade gifts. Fortunately, I have a {few} craft supplies down in the scrapbook room to accomodate her request for a scrappy Mother's Day gift.

For Christmas I had put together a 7 Gypsies painter's tray for her, so I wanted to do something different but that would match. {if that makes sense...} I got this white 12 x 12 scrapbook layout frame at Archivers and created a layout with black & white photos and blue color scheme.
I'm not sure why it won't let me rotate this-darn you Blogger!!!

The papers are from the Echo Park Little Boy line {but they don't look the least bit childish here}, the letter stickers are American Crafts Thickers, and the crocheted flowers are from Close to My Heart. {Photography by my amazing sister in law Bobbi.}
Fun fact: I have identical twin sons who are 10 years old, I have no trouble telling them apart in real life, but sometimes in pictures....I hesitate. I spent waaaaay too long making sure I had a picture of each. individual. twin on this layout because they looked soooo much alike in these pictures.

Might just have to recreate this layout for myself, with Momma's Boys as the title. :)

Of course, I couldn't leave my mother in law out. So I grabbed one of those 7 Gypsies trays and whipped something up for her too. Same paper line and color scheme.


Flowers are from Prima this time and the ribbon is from Keeping Memories Alive. Do you remember KMA? They had this wonderful catalog that you could look through and then order online? I love technology, but sometimes I just want to sit down and look through a paper catalog. Know what I mean?

I'll be back later this week with more layouts...have a super Monday!

1 comment:

  1. oh i love that frame--i might have to do that for my mom--great idea! love it

    ReplyDelete