Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Double Page Design

I took advantage of the great Black Friday sale Ella Publishing had this past weekend and purchased this awesome eBook, Double Page Design.
Love, love, love this book. I highly encourage you to head on over to their site and check it out. I'm typically a double page layout girl anyway but it inspired me to break out of my 4x6 photo rut and use some other sizes.
This is a layout I did of my son's school trip to our local children's museum. There's another double layout that goes with it that has journaling and more photos so this one is kind of his "journey" through the museum.
Supplies: Bazzill Cardstock, Doodlebug buttons, Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, Mrs Grossmans letter stickers
I loved the way this looked so much I did a very similar one about our day at the park.
Supplies: Bazzill Cardstock, Basic Grey patterned paper, Doodlebug letter stickers, Marvy scallop circle punch

I made the flower embellishments by using a bunch of different sized scallop circle punches. (I did this at a scrap night at my local Archivers. I only have one scallop circle punch.)
You could also add a brad in the center and pull up on the edges for more dimension but I wanted mine to stay flat.
I have to say I think this might just be my favorite Ella book to date!! :)

4 comments:

  1. So glad you liked your Ella e-Book and that it's your fave to date... WOW! So impressed, too, that you've already completed two layouts using the book as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great reference book--will have to check this out--love your layouts--way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the photos you got on the layouts!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your museum layout! I'm glad you enjoyed the eBook. Those WCS ladies are definitely a talented bunch. :) Thanks for posting a link to our eBook.

    ReplyDelete