Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Bo Bunny Summertime Mini Album Share

Yup, I'm on a mini album kick and this weekend, I just had to finish this album. I got this Bo Bunny Summertime kit at Archiver's at the end of the season last year for less than $8! Total steal! If you have an Archivers, you should spend some time in their clearance section, you just never know what you might find!

My sons wanted to play some Club Penguin online Saturday night, and our house rule is that an adult has to be in the room when they are playing, so I decided to work on some layouts. Which led me to get out this mini album kit. It took me bout 2 hours to put it together but I'm really happy with the results and I'll probably use it for next year's photos. (I already have a plan sketched out for this year.)
The album is 9x9 and came with everything you see. The only thing I had to use from my stash was adhesive, ink, and marker.


When I was done putting the album together, I had a lot of little pieces left over-alpha stickers, patterned paper, etc. Rather than throw them all away or put them into the black hole I call my "scrap" basket, I decided to use them right away to create cards and custom embellishments.

So glad I did! It took me another 20 minutes or so but was worth it. I made 4 everyday cards and bunch of cute embellies to use on future layouts. Best of all I used 98% of what came with the kit-no waste! Love that!


Supplies: Bo Bunny Summertime Calypso kit, CTMH Chocolate ink pad and marker, white BBP cardstock

2 comments:

  1. The album looks great, and what a good idea to make embellies with the left overs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you used it all up at the same time...i'm so bad to put it away thinking that i will get it out to make cards, but never do. i need to follow your example!

    ReplyDelete